Hi ! Welcome to CHILLAX Forum Smile

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited browsing options, why don't you take just a few second and register. Once you do you'll be able to enjoy all the great benefits of membership like:

- Ability to interact with other CHILLAX members.
- Create new discussions / reply to existing discussions.
- Join the Chatbox. (located at the bottom of the homepage)
- Repetition system: Give positive / negative vote to others' reply.
- Gain points and level up for cool badges as you post more.
- Modify your profile to have a custom avatar, signature and more.
- Participate in different competition with all kinds of prizes.
- Be able to use every new features.
- Get full support from us.

PS. REMEMBER TO BOOKMARK / HOMEPAGE THIS WEBSITE !
Hi ! Welcome to CHILLAX Forum Smile

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited browsing options, why don't you take just a few second and register. Once you do you'll be able to enjoy all the great benefits of membership like:

- Ability to interact with other CHILLAX members.
- Create new discussions / reply to existing discussions.
- Join the Chatbox. (located at the bottom of the homepage)
- Repetition system: Give positive / negative vote to others' reply.
- Gain points and level up for cool badges as you post more.
- Modify your profile to have a custom avatar, signature and more.
- Participate in different competition with all kinds of prizes.
- Be able to use every new features.
- Get full support from us.

PS. REMEMBER TO BOOKMARK / HOMEPAGE THIS WEBSITE !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Support, Laughter, Connections are the highlights of our active friendly community.
A place where you can leave all your worries behind, and just chill & relax with different people from all over the world.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Linsanity!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
redliner
Level 0
Level 0

Linsanity! Empty
PostSubject: Linsanity!   Linsanity! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 5:59 am

There's no thread on Linsanity?! C'mon guys, get in that NBA spirit!
Back to top Go down
porterjack
Level 0
Level 0

Linsanity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linsanity!   Linsanity! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 5:59 am

There are far better basketball players out there than him, but he's getting notoriety because he's of Asian descent. He's had some good games, but I guess I just don't get all of the hype for him. He's a turnover machine... I mean seriously. Look at Chris Paul and Tony Parker... considered to be two of the best PGs in the NBA; the two of them have averaged 2.3 and 2.6 turnovers a game respectively. Since Lin started getting all of this playing time, he's averaging 6.1 turnovers a game, that's just completely unacceptable. It doesn't really matter how many points you're scoring if you're turning the ball over that much, because it's leading to points for your opponents. In their 89-85 loss to New Orleans, he turned the ball over 9 times... in a game that close, you can pretty much just attribute the loss to his turnovers. His "heroics" have been necessary because of how much he turns the ball over.

I honestly don't really give a shit, because I've largely given up on basketball at this point in time... but this whole Jeremy Lin obsession the country had for a while got me digging a little deeper into his stats, and I'm not that impressed.
Back to top Go down
the_fuzz
Level 0
Level 0

Linsanity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linsanity!   Linsanity! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 6:02 am

The guys can play ball well, and at least for me the attention he is getting is because he was considered a nobody, at some point he was passed up by even the Houston rockets
and both teams that passed him did so simply because they didnt think he could hang with the big boys and i think he has proven that be indeed can hang with the elite pros of the league, even though he does need to work on his turnovers LOL

the guys was a nobody and destined to be one of those non-picked up players that simply fade into nothing... Mike D'antoni pretty much took a gamble out of the necessity of Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e stoudemire being out and put him in to help - and behold the Asian dude could shoot, dribble and put up points!

I think its more of the underdog theme he got going on by being cut from two teams that could have had a big benefit out of having some faith in him... plus like i said its the under dog theme, everyone loves the underdog!

he put up a pretty good shop vs kobe a few weeks back, and like anything he is essentially a rookie, so the hope is that he will only get better!

linsanity? not for me, I'd rather like to think of that i still like a good game and he pretty much seems to bring it at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Linsanity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linsanity!   Linsanity! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Linsanity!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports-
Jump to: